[Sca-cooks] goose fat

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Dec 26 13:57:50 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Could you make fois gras out of it? Or do you need a certain type of
enzyme
> in there for the fat to emulsify together (for example:beef and chicken
fat.
> That's just random pickings out of the air but hopefully you get what I
> mean.). And is fois gras period?

Misha? Is that a typo? Because as far as I know, only G*D could make a duck
or goose liver out of rendered fat. If you're thinking pate', that's basicly
a paste made of duck or goose liver- and you need more than pure fat to make
a pate'.

OTOH, I'm thinking that if you made a legume paste, and made it like refried
beans, using duck or goose fat instead of butter or lard, you might have a
fairly tasty poor man's pate'..... worth thinking about, and maybe
trying......

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,