[Sca-cooks] goose fat

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Thu Dec 26 11:40:40 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/24/02 12:34:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at 99main.com writes:

> My preference for goose and duck fat is to save it for something I want to
> fry, or otherwise add a bit of oil to for flavor, and use it rather as I
> would use butter. If you're cholesterol conscious, you can add a bit to your
> normal veggie oil for flavor, as you might add dark sesame oil.
>
> One thing I like to do with it, is add a bit to a clear soup- lovely flavor
> addition.
>

> Phlip

Could you make fois gras out of it? Or do you need a certain type of enzyme
in there for the fat to emulsify together (for example:beef and chicken fat.
That's just random pickings out of the air but hopefully you get what I
mean.). And is fois gras period?