[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2997 a few exceptions

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 20:41:23 PST 2002

8. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> (Robin Carroll-Mann)
>   14. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> (Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius)
>   15. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> (Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius)
>   16. 260 (Aurore)
>   17. OT Blue Feathers and etc (was ***A Message
> From Bish.  I'm O.K.) (Avraham haRofeh of Northpass)

Okay, now before I alienate folks or step on toes, I'd
like to point out that a number of people who have
clerical personas in the SCA, REALLY ARE clerics in
the mundane world, I know, Im one of them! I know  of
at least a dozen others in both the Middle and East
and Meridies. About a quarter of them are gay and
another quarter bi'. Now that leaves at least half of
them who are straight, some celibate, some
married(Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, in period, and
in persona)

I am not decrying gays, or  bi's or anyother
lifestyle, but using a wide brush always gets one in
trouble, especially in the SCA were there is at least
5 exceptions to every rule!

I've been informed that Bishop Greco(who is on a few
of my lists) is mundanely a OCA(Orthodox Church in
America) auxillary bishop, hence simply uses the same
title in the SCA, and Acre. I know I've asked him
about it and was quite curious to the answer,
especially knowing how important matters such as
correct apostolic succession  is to the Orthodox
Christian.

I've had a clerical persona for all of my now  twenty
years in the SCA, of which 15 of those years I WAS a
vowed Benedictine monk. I am now a diocsean deacon in
Indianapolis, and since I am also now a Peer of the
Middle Kingdom, I've adopted the title Abot, I do not
feel  comfortable with  the title Bishop for a variety
of reasons, one of which concerns titles of
landedness.
Ask if you have further  questions.

I remain,
Abot Johann von Metten, OSB,  OL
Rev.Mr. Marcus Loidolt

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"