Clerical personas (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2997)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 27 05:23:37 PST 2002

On 26 Dec 2002, at 20:41, Marcus Loidolt wrote:

> 8. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> > (Robin Carroll-Mann)
> >   14. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> > (Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius)
> >   15. Re: Fw: ***A Message From Bish.  I'm O.K.
> > (Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius)
> >   16. 260 (Aurore)
> >   17. OT Blue Feathers and etc (was ***A Message
> > From Bish.  I'm O.K.) (Avraham haRofeh of Northpass)
>

> Okay, now before I alienate folks or step on toes, I'd
> like to point out that a number of people who have
> clerical personas in the SCA, REALLY ARE clerics in
> the mundane world, I know, Im one of them!
[snip]
> I remain,
> Abot Johann von Metten, OSB,  OL
> Rev.Mr. Marcus Loidolt

Perhaps the headers you re-posted were chosen randomly, but I'm
not quite sure why my name is up there.  My only contribution to
this thread was to comment that Bishop Geoffrey does very nice
blackwork.  I am aware of the fact that some clerical personas are
held by real-life clergy.  There was one, a priest, who used to
conduct Sunday Mass at Pennsic.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net