[Sca-cooks] Pretzel Salad

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 2 14:01:46 PST 2002

On this track - my mom is great about presents. I joined the SCA in May and
my birthday is in September. My mom knew I was into this Mideval stuff so
she bought me a Helm with a full mail avontail.

Believe it or not, she was in a Antique/Junk store and saw this helm sitting
on a fire tool stand to display it. She talked the owner into selling it
(with stand) to her for $20 bucks. Mind you, I had only been in the SCA for
4 - 5 months, so I showed it to one of my Knight friends and it turned out
to be an actual SCA helm, but because it was based on an Italian army helmet
it was no longer legal. Some SCA fighter must have hawked it for the cash.

The knight said that the mail part of it was really nice and he'd give me
$50 for it. I told him it was my B-Day present & not for sale.

-Serena

> > Hey, my mom is the Queen of Inappropriate Presents. My totem flower is
> > violet. I love violets, violet-scented things, have them on my arms.
> So what does mom send me, about every other year?
Drakey.