[Sca-cooks] Turkey day odds and ends

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Mon Dec 2 14:59:35 PST 2002

I had already decided to go with cooking the turkey without being stuffed,
and was entranced with the idea someone mentioned on the list for putting
the stuffing into a small pumpkin and baking it. Thanks! It came out
great. The scoops of pumpkin were tasty and satisfied peoples yen for
orange (I'm not fond of candied yams). It looked lovely.

The bigest problem was finding a pumpkin. I finally found a small green,
stripey kind of thing, but there were no orange pumpkins anywhere to be
found. When did they become Halloween only food.

The other strangeness was no cans of sour pie cherries. Lots of gelatinous
pie filling and topping glop, but no water-packed cherries. We finally
found some frozen sour (not Bing or sweet) cherries, but nothing else. Is
this true of the rest of the country?

Mirhaxa, in the Outlands
  mirhaxa at morktorn.com