[Sca-cooks] kosher soda

Candace Selph candace at selphcontrol.com
Tue Dec 3 09:08:21 PST 2002

How do they refine sugar with blood?

Mina

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Kirsten Houseknecht
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 10:23 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] kosher soda

i am glad of the information on other items......... but as to sugar you
are
incorrect.

there was a complete upheaval here in Philly in the local Halal and
kosher
communities about ten years ago.. because one of the local brands was
found
to be using the pig blood process.......... and they had been assumed to
be
Kosher.

the  Sabbatarian Church (World Wide Church Of God) which until about 6
years
ago prohibeted pork products.... insisted that all members must look for
heksher on sugar products because of *ongoing* issues with pig
contamination.

i will not eat ANY sugar that doesnt have a Heksher, or is a known to be
kosher brand, unless i have no choice.
this is true of many vegetarians of my aquaintance.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."