[Sca-cooks] Pretzel Salad

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Dec 1 22:54:24 PST 2002

At 08:45 AM 11/29/02 -0600, you wrote:

>Funny how my mom didn't remember I hate pretzels. But I did score big on
>bath towels and washcloths. They had stayed with me earlier that year.
>Mom was scandalized by the fact I only had 4 bath towels and 4 wash
>cloths. I was living by myself at the time.  I think I came home with 6
>bath towels and 25 or 30 washcloths. I still haven't used some of them.
>
>When I checked out my Christmas stocking, there was a 10-pack of chewing
>gum.  I don't chew gum either.
>
>Liadan

Hey, my mom is the Queen of Inappropriate Presents. My totem flower is
violet. I love violets, violet-scented things, have them on my arms. So
what does mom send me, about every other year? Lavender. Hey- it's purple,
close enough, right? 'Cept I'm sensitive to lavender- gives me mighty
headaches and rashes if I use lavender soap, lotion, etc. MOM KNOWS THIS.
She still sends lavender stuff becuase they're purple...

But the funniest was a few years back- five maybe. I had just split up with
Paul, was only intermittently seeing someone. For my birthday mom sent me
pajamas. Movie-star pajamas, you know, like from teh 40s- satin, shirt-top
with quilted/embroidered lapels, wide-legged bottoms. The top is too big,
the bottoms too small. And they are brilliant Bridal White. I still haven't
figured that one out. They are virginal and frumpy and glamorous all at the
same time.

Guess it could be worse. She could send me an avocado...

'Lainie