[Sca-cooks] DARKOVER CON

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 5 08:44:40 PST 2002

> What is Darkover Con about?  Is it a book series?

Jaella of Armida, who organizes Darkover (originally based on the Darkover
series of books by Marian Zimmer Bradley), describes is as 'all the stuff
about science fiction cons that I love that I'd like to have in one con."

The guest of honor is generally a female fantasy/science fiction writer
(one year it was Diane Duane). Katherine Kurtz and her husband Scott
MacMillan usually come.  There's an all-music (folk, filk, etc.) track, an
esoterica track, and a workshop track as well as main and alternate
programming. The highlight for me is the Clam Chowder concert Saturday
evening, followed by everyone trooping out to the pool area at midnight
and singing the Halleluijah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.