[Sca-cooks] PANIC help question right now

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Dec 5 16:01:13 PST 2002

At 06:38 PM 12/5/2002, you wrote:
> >Gorgeous Muiredach > No, can't burn wine by itself.  > Whatcha doing?
>
>Great thanks, I feel much better. Actually I am reducing wine. But I turned
>around for a moment and then it was boiling like crazy & as I said - mass
>panic.

I've oft reduced wine, big generous happy bubbling.  Some fanatics will
tell you to change pots and use a smaller and smaller pot as you get less
and less liquids.  THe idea being that you won't get the bitterness of
anything that stuck to the side of the pot as it reduced.  If you're
careful, you won't have much trouble at all with that "problem"

>I am working on finishing up my redacting for an A&S entry I am entering
>this weekend. If this final piece comes out well I am going to be making 3
>tarts tomorrow to take.

Sounds fun.

>I will post the entire hoo-ha when it is finished. But I got about 30
>minutes before I know if this final tart was a success.

Looking forward to it.

>No chance you are making the voyage to Magna Faire???

I fear not :-(

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies