[Sca-cooks] another game meat question

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Dec 6 10:20:24 PST 2002

Ok, I'm making final plans for meat aquisition for Twelfth Night, and I
have a question of those who have more experience with the four-footed
game meats than I do.

My options for roasts (rather than steaks) are sirloin, chuck, rump, and
shoulder, or I could get legs. What is probably going to happen is that
the meat will be roasted in advance, sliced, frozen, then reheated
on-site. Not the optimal situation, but we have limited options (ie, we
can't use their ovens).

Many thanks,

Margaret, sincerely hoping that this weather holds, so I can use my porch
as an auxiliary freezer for the next month and a half