[Sca-cooks] Vigils, was ARRRRGH!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 6 19:11:55 PST 2002

Doesn't seem to here in Artemisia....the effect of the initial
wow/suprise is still there, when the Crown calls up the individual and
asks them "the question."  The inductee then has time to make an outfit,
if they want, and organize things and a vigil and what-not to suit.
Often folks will personalize the ceremony, too...it's pretty common, for
instance, to have a member of each peerage speak on your behalf/PLQs
(peer-like qualities), etc.
I was laureled mumblety-years ago when we were still part of Atenveldt,
when drive-by peerages were the rule rather than the exception, and I
*much* would have preferred to know in advance.  It was a camping event,
and court was held at night, with very poor lighting, and no one took
pictures, and there was no vigil, etc.....
Which is not to say that I didn't feel honored and all.  Sure I did! But
being able to plan it at least a little in advance would have made it
more....festive, I guess.
Maire, terminally single unless you count the four cats.....