[Sca-cooks] Turkey leftovers

Liadan Liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 8 08:55:28 PST 2002

I always had lots of fun with my turkey leftovers. I personally think
dressing/stuffing leftovers are better the next day.  After carving the
turkey, I fill freezer bags with 1 or 2 cups worth of turkey.  Then, the
bones go into a pot and get covered with water. I add onions, carrots,
celery and fresh parsley.  Let simmer.  Strain, refrigerate and remove
the fat. It makes great soup stock.  Freeze in 4 cup containers.  (Those
Ziploc containers come in handy here)

I also make:

Gumbo with turkey, ham and mild andouille sausage
Turkey Marsala
Turkey pot pie or shepherd's pie if you have leftover mashed potatoes
Turkey Pizza (using alfredo sauce instead of marinara)
Turkey Salad
Turkey Burritos
Turkey and noodles or dumplings

Anything I make with chicken, I can make with turkey.

I love Thanksgiving!

Liadan