[Sca-cooks] Chicken broth

Steve steve.mont at verizon.net
Sun Dec 8 15:42:30 PST 2002

--

>Also sprach Robin Carroll-Mann:
>>Is there an economical way to make large quantities of chicken
>>broth without resorting to cubes and concentrates?  Can cheap
>>chicken parts like backs and wings be used for this purpose?
One technique I didn't see in all of the great replies to this is that for
a richer stock you can roast the bones then crack some of them to let the
stock get direct contact with the marrow.  This does make the stock a bit
darker and you have to be more careful about not boiling and using the
other techniques for keeping it clear.

AEduin