[Sca-cooks] Red Spears Feast - Diagnostic (long)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Dec 9 07:10:21 PST 2002

Also sprach Phlip:
>Milady, I know there's some ideal out there, that one should be able to work
>one's @$$ off, and look fresh as a flower throughout, but that only happens
>in the movies and Martha Stewart's imagination.

I thought Martha Stewart's imagination had an image of someone _else_
doing all the work (preferably an unpaid intern), then you looking
wonderful while you accept the award.

>  I rather like seeing you in
>my mind's eye, as a bit messy, and pretty tired, because, that's how you
>were when you earned that award, and to my mind, that is Beauty. Trust me-
>you weren't just another pretty face, you were Beautiful ;-)

Agreed.

Somewhere, in some 19th-century English publication, there is a
passage in which the author speaks of the poor but frugal (and
therefore well-provided-for, healthy, and of cheery disposition)
housewife making bread for the family, and asks something like, "who
would not kiss the flour off that nose?"

It sounds kind of silly, but then has anyone ever noticed how
stunning Audrey Meadows was playing Alice Kramden, even with her
kinescope-gray dress (des. by Pat Perkins, as I recall, and nearly
always more or less identical) and mop and bucket?

Adamantius