[Sca-cooks] Onion soup (was Chicken broth)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 9 18:19:05 PST 2002

>As for confusion over French onion soup, I think GM is simply
>thinking --rightly-- of the kind of onion soup you get in France
>(where there is no need to explain that it is "French" onion soup;
>it's simply onion soup), made generally from a white beef consomme,
>and often topped with a crouton on which a cheese like
>Parmigiano-Reggiano or Gruyere has been melted/gratineed.

Ya...  What he said ;-)

I have good memories of going out dancing till the wee hours then going out
to a bistro, and grabbing "Une gratinée et un p’tit blanc", basically,
onion soup and a glass of cheap white wine...  THen go home as the sun
rises...  :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies