Chaucer and the Three Stooges was Re: [Sca-cooks] Red Spears Feast

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Dec 9 19:39:53 PST 2002

At 09:14 PM 12/9/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>>Nope, but then I've never seen the show....
>>--Maire "not a tv watcher" NiNuanain
>
>It's always a shame when people neglect their classics. But then many
>people never understand my theory that there is virtually no
>difference between the humor of Chaucer and that of the Three Stooges.
>
>Adamantius

I don't know if I would go that far, Master A, but I did write a paper that
compared the Miller to Ralph Kramden. The instructor hated it- said it
'lacked professionalism' (she hated me anyway), but the rest of the class
loved it, and so did the folks on ChaucerNet. Basically the ability to
bring something like the Miller into a modern archetype means you are more
likely to be able to convey the concept to the layman (read: students).

'Lainie
who also thinks the Pardoner has a lot in common with Bakker/Swaggart, and
all their ilk...