[Sca-cooks] Chicken broth

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 21:20:41 PST 2002

Brighid ni Chiarain asked:
> Is there an economical way to make large quantities of chicken
> broth without resorting to cubes and concentrates?  Can cheap
> chicken parts like backs and wings be used for this purpose?
Yes and yes. Whether using those particular chicken parts will

translate into "economical" will probably depend on how much you
pay for them, but the broth will probably be more tasty than if
you make it with just the "better" pieces of chicken such as
breast meat.

I think this file might help answer your questions and a few more

about making broths. (huh? what do you mean that I asked similar
questions a while back...)

broths-msg        (54K)  4/ 8/02    Broths in period recipes. Substitutions.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/broths-msg.html

And this file also has a fair amount of info on making vegetable
broths, for those who were talking about vegetarian feasts and meals
recently.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com