[Sca-cooks] Re: Heirloom gadgets (Was:Cookies)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Dec 8 09:02:23 PST 2002

So, Akim....How old does one have to be, to qualify as an "older cook?"
Among my working kitchen gadgets, I have a toaster to use with a wood
stove, an antique potato ricer, and my most favorite bowl in the world,
which is this late 50's metal bowl, with an enameled blue-on-blue
design.  There are certain dishes that *have* to be made in that bowl,
or they're just not...right!
I just recently discovered that the potato ricer is a really slick tool
for neatly mashing up a couple dozen hard-cooked egg yolks--they have a
texture almost identical to cooked yolks forced through a sieve! <g>
(Lucky me got to make stuffed eggs for Thanksgiving ;-D)

--Maire (old enough to know better, young enough not to care! <weg>)