[Sca-cooks] gas vs. electric ovens and ranges

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 9 22:16:47 PST 2002

>Ok, what do you folks really think about electricity vs. natural
>gas stoves and ovens?

I'll take gas anytime for the cooktop, electric or gas interchangeably for
the oven.

I really don't like the fact that electric elements take forever to reach a
temperature, whether you are waiting for it to warm up, or to cool
down.  Controlling the heat for, say a stock as we've discussed it,
requires a lot of manipulation and practice.

One thing I've learned to do is to just cook things at full blast and
control the heat by moving the pan more or less directly on the element.
Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd

Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies
mka