[Sca-cooks] Copper bowl question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 22:29:24 PST 2002

Bear said:
> In the case of meringues, the cooper ions released by the bowl appear to
> combine with the conalbumin in the egg white to produce a more stabilized
> foam.  At least that is the jist of a somewhat more detailed commentary in
> McGee's On Food and Cooking.
Hmmm. So for those of use who don't have any of these magic copper

bowls, I'm wondering if dropping a few copper pennys (urr, the old
ones that were really composed of significant amounts of copper)
into a standard plastic or stainless steel bowl work for this? Or
maybe a piece of copper pipe?
But that price given for a copper bowls didn't sound too bad. Maybe
I just need to buy one.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com