[Sca-cooks] Copper bowl question

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Tue Dec 10 04:36:40 PST 2002

> Hmmm. So for those of use who don't have any of these magic copper
> bowls, I'm wondering if dropping a few copper pennys (urr, the old
> ones that were really composed of significant amounts of copper)
> into a standard plastic or stainless steel bowl work for this? Or
> maybe a piece of copper pipe?
> But that price given for a copper bowls didn't sound too bad. Maybe
> I just need to buy one.

A clean copper penny might in fact work - but I wouldn't count on it; it's
too small in relation to the volume of your eggs. And unless you're planning
on making a lot of whipped egg whites, a copper bowl is probably more work
to keep clean and pretty than it's worth. Now, copper POTS are worth the
investment, IMHO....

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (formerly Avraham haRofeh)
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: "Green Eggs and Hamlet" - Would you kill him in his bed? Thrust a
dagger
through his head? I would not, could not, kill the King. I could not do that
evil thing. I would not wed this girl, you see. Now get her to a nunnery.

---