[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Pots 'n Pans, was Copper bowl question

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Tue Dec 10 06:26:15 PST 2002

| A clean copper penny might in fact work - but I wouldn't count on it; it's
| too small in relation to the volume of your eggs. And unless you're
planning
| on making a lot of whipped egg whites, a copper bowl is probably more work
| to keep clean and pretty than it's worth. Now, copper POTS are worth the
| investment, IMHO....
|
| Randy

Hmm, on that note - I'm thinking about upgrading my current set of pots and
pans over the next few years - right now I have a set of T-Fal - the decent
T-Fal, non stick with enameled (I guess? they're blue anyway) outsides.
They're great for cooking dinner, etc, as they have and do take a hell of a
lot of abuse (and keep their coating).  But.... I'm getting the impression
that "serious" cooks don't bother with non-stick stuff?  Is this the case?
And if so, what would you all recommend? I'm willing to spend a bit on
these, as I'm only planning on buying 1 or 2 at a time...

Generys