[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Pots 'n Pans, was Copper bowl question

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 07:38:56 PST 2002

I don't know if I'd be considered a "serious" cook, or not, but I don't like the non-stick yucky stuff for two reasons. 1. The coating does not hold up well to high heat, and I like to be able to choose to cook on high heat.  2. The coating does not hold up to metal utensils.  I don't like plastic utensils because they melt if you accidentally leave them resting too near the eye.  If I flip an egg in a non-stick pan with a plastic spatula, I get smooshed egg instead of over easy.  If I flip an egg in a non-stick pan with a metal spatula, I get teflon coated egg...
Mordonna
 Generys ferch Ednuyed <generys at blazemail.com> wrote:

| A clean copper penny might in fact work - but I wouldn't count on it; it's
| too small in relation to the volume of your eggs. And unless you're
planning
| on making a lot of whipped egg whites, a copper bowl is probably more work
| to keep clean and pretty than it's worth. Now, copper POTS are worth the
| investment, IMHO....
|
| Randy

Hmm, on that note - I'm thinking about upgrading my current set of pots and
pans over the next few years - right now I have a set of T-Fal - the decent
T-Fal, non stick with enameled (I guess? they're blue anyway) outsides.
They're great for cooking dinner, etc, as they have and do take a hell of a
lot of abuse (and keep their coating). But.... I'm getting the impression
that "serious" cooks don't bother with non-stick stuff? Is this the case?
And if so, what would you all recommend? I'm willing to spend a bit on
these, as I'm only planning on buying 1 or 2 at a time...

Generys

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt