[Sca-cooks] Comparison shopping

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Dec 10 07:28:33 PST 2002

>People who are doing the pre-shopping thing often buy meat ahead of time
>when it is on sale and freeze it; and buy staples ahead of time as well.
>Freezing meat may or may not offend some people's sensibilities, but it's
>one way to do it, especially if you are concerned about pricing and
>budgets.

Jadwiga, what boggles me is not so much advance *shopping*, where you
actually acquire the stuff, as advance pricing.  Sooo say I go all over the
place to find the best price on chicken, 6 weeks ahead of the event.  But I
don't buy it, I make a note  of it.  Then closer to the event I go and buy
it :-)

>I know some people who don't shop ahead of time and some people who do.
>The only thing that really bothers me is when people don't buy stuff at
>the stores where it's cheapest when they do buy it.

Sometimes though, the cheapest price is not the best deal.  I've been known
to purchase something at a slightly more expensive place because it was
more convenient, whether they delivered, or it would save me a 40 mile
drive to go to shop A instead of shop B, or something like that...  You
have to look at cost as much more than the actual price of the actual
ingredient.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry