[SCA-Cooks] list lurkers

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 10:40:16 PST 2002

Welcome indeed, m'Lord.  Experience like yours is more than welcome to our list!
Mordonna
 MSN <clarenburg at msn.com> wrote:Please allow me to introduce myself before I commit even more unintended
atrocities of Netiquette. :*)

[/Old Codger Voice]

My name is Nathan Adelaar and I grew up in the Old Middle Kingdom's
region of Calontir (and sojourned in Ansteorra) long, long ago. My
primary interests were fighting and medieval cookery, with a minor in
dance. With enormous help I cooked around 30 SCA feasts and a
smattering of weddings, parties and suchnot. I taught a bunch of
courses and tried to militate about kitchen hygiene and the wonders of
the Dazey Seal-a-Meal. One of my favorite activities involved a group
of friends who would gather at my house weekly over a two-year period to
redact recipes from one particular manuscript His Grace Cariadoc
reproduced in his "Miscellany". I helped start a Calontir Cooks Guild
and originated the "Rolling Scone" magazine. Around the time when the
Grand Council formed I burned out thoroughly and (to me) suddenly,
leaving a pile of unfinished manuscripts and projects and a load of
guilt.

I've been absent from the SCA for almost a decade and poked my nose in
here out of curiousity and nostalgia. Mundanely I've gone the gamut
from Clinical Psychology to running a computer consulting business to
software program management, and of late have been doing SQL data mining
and trading stocks from my home in Seattle.

So to answer Mordonna's questions:
>> By the way, Have I seen your signature before on this list? Are
>> you a lurking newcomer?

Nope you haven't seen my signature before here, but you saw my byline on
a "Swete Dough Gourdys" parody documenting chocolate chip cookie dough
which I wrote in 1990, nicely cited by Cindy (cindy at thousandeggs.com)
earlier this year. As for "lurking newcomer", well, I've lurked on your
list for just a few hours, reading a couple months' digests before
making my first response. And I suppose after a very long hiatus from
the SCA I might qualify as a born-again newcomer.

Well-met, good gentles.

-Nathan
clarenburg at msn.com

Lady Anne du Bosc