[Sca-cooks] gas vs. electric ovens and ranges

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 13:15:02 PST 2002

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> The trouble with electric is that it isn't as
> responsive as gas is. Also,
> considering your visual problems, it's a lot
> harder to see that a burner is
> hot. If you get electric, plan on having first
> aid for burns right near the
> stove, because I'm betting you're going to need
> them.

And if someone in your household keeps forgetting
to turn off the burner, it is hard to tell if it
on or not.  When I was taking home ec. in high
school, I had made a batch of bar cookies as part
of the class assignment.  But they weren't done
at the end of the class, so my teacher promised
to take them out when the buzzer rang.  Which is
what she did, but she put the pan on top of the
stove, as she was busy elsewhere.  What she
hadn't noticed was that someone else has turned
on one of the burners.  She found out when the
smoke alarms went off, as the burner burnt the
cookies.  She gave me an "A" for the assignment
as they had been perfect when she had taken them
out.  Sigh.  I have never been interested in
electric stoves since then.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.