[Sca-cooks] OT: cook for a cure

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 10 23:02:12 PST 2002

Maire wrote:
>I'd imagine you're right about that....the one I unfortunately get *my*
>anatomy slammed in isn't even that accessible if you're *short!* For
>pete's sake, I'm 5'5" (duh! like average height here!), and I have to go
>up on tip-toes for the slamming.  I have no *clue* what a woman with
>limited mobility would do!

Hmmm, i just had another one done over Thanksgiving. Where i had it
done, the machine is electric and goes up and down.

I'm 5'1" if i stand up real tall, and it had no trouble reaching me -
and it could have gone down lower. And when i went in the room it was
up pretty high - i'd guess a tall woman had been in before me. I
cannot tell whether it could have gone low enough to reach a woman in
a chair, though.

I guess it depends on how new the machine is, and how sensitive the
mammography center is to the varying heights of human women so that
they actually get a machine that adjusts to extremes.

The experience, not my first, was uncomfortable. But i think having
cancer would be more uncomfortable than a few minutes every year or
so for a mammogram.

Anahita