[Sca-cooks] RE: Comparison shop

Liadan Liadan at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 11 07:00:10 PST 2002

For my feast, I went to my "favorite butcher" to find out what he'd
charge. Then, I called a couple of in-store butchers and asked their
price.  The local IGA store had the best price on pork loin roast, and
would spiral slice it lengthwise without charging me extra.  I took a
minute to tell the store manager what wonderful butchers he had.  They
even volunteered to keep the meat in their refrigerator until I was on
my way to site!  When I picked up the meat later the same day, they had
given me an additional $.50 per pound discount!

Liadan

"I must admit, this comparison shop weeks in advance really kinda
boggles my
mind...  Considering that the price of produce and meat is liable to
change
without much notice from one day to the other...

<shrug>  In the end, what works for one may not work for the other.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd"