[Sca-cooks] Re: Rice cookers

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Dec 11 08:00:46 PST 2002

At 09:02 AM 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>
> > If you use "instant rice", it's likely to not be happy.
>
>      How about brown rice?

I have no experience cooking brown rice in a rice cooker, and only *very*
limited experience cooking it period.  I've never really liked brown rice,
and when my Tai-Chi Sifu gave me a perfectly good explanation as to why he
didn't eat it (he was an 80+ chinese Taoist monk), I grabbed on to it and
never bothered with it anymore :-)

He said that it takes more energy digesting brown rice than it brings good
stuff, hence no point.  Of course, it may only be his rationalization that
brown rice would have been eaten by poor folks and white rice by better off
folks, therefore it's better to eat white rice and there comes the
explanation, but....  ;-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry