[Sca-cooks] Re: Rice cookers

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 11 06:02:06 PST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

> If you use "instant rice", it's likely to not be happy.

     How about brown rice?

> If you don't put enough water to rice ratio, it's likely to not be happy.

     That's been the only problem I've had, but more with getting mushy
rice, rather than burned.  And you can sort of steam veggies if you put
them on top of the rice part-way through the cycle.  Timing can be
difficult, but it works.  And it's great for reheating leftovers you'd be
serving over rice.

Sandra