[Sca-cooks] Buying flour for bread

Wed Dec 11 08:46:09 PST 2002

You work from the recipe to estimate the amount of flour you need.  So, post
the recipe.  Weighing the loaf of bread doesn't provide information about
the individual weight of the ingredients.  Also, there is usually a 20 to
25% difference between the weight of the dough and the weight of the
finished loaf.

Also, are you scooping the flour or are you sifting it?  Is the measure flat
or heaping?  How much bread are you planning to make?

Bear