[Sca-cooks] Norther VA and Lamb (Was Buying Flour for Bread)

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Wed Dec 11 08:44:22 PST 2002

Vitha,  If you are in Ponte Alto, I have someone for you to go to for lamb
(If they still exist, that is.. It's been 2 years since I was a Pontoon)

Basically, in Springfield, and forgive me, but I forget the name of the
street.  It's off of Backlick/Amherst road.... across from Springfield Plaza
where the KMart is....  Right by all of that construction for the mixing
bowl. Dame Aislynn of Jarrow knows that neighborhood better than I do.

At any rate...  At the intersection of Backlick/Amherst and the Plaza, the 4
corners are the Dairy Queen, Dauphine Steakhouse/Venneman's music(doesn't
exist anymore, but it's the landmark I know) A bank, and A Radio Shack.

Right next door to this Radio Shack is the butcher's shop....  He's facing
what I believe is a Cosmetic Center.  He has lamb at good prices.. he also
has suckling pigs.

Additionally, I'd try the Costcos and BJ's wholesale clubs in the area.
I've always been able to get great prices on meat for feasts from them.
Even managed to get salmon at a really low price for a feast! Or, some of
the markets in that Backlick road area.  Quite a few of the markets in that
area's three shopping centers have great prices for their meats, and much
better than what you would get at your local Giant or Safeway.

As for 25 pounds left over.. I seem to recall that being a side effect of
doing big Northern VA feasts ::chuckles::  quite a few head cooks that I've
worked for were left "holding the bag" so to speak.  But it's all good.  The
nice thing about the Northern section of Atlantia is the dense population.
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone running/working on staff
of an event up there.  Even if you have flour left over, I'd bet you
anything that you could turn around and hand it over to someone working on
an event the very next week.