[Sca-cooks] Re: comparison shopping

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Wed Dec 11 10:04:19 PST 2002

    When this sort of stuff happens, write it up and send it to your local
TV station's consumer / investigative reporter. They LOVE that sort of
thing! Especially if you do most of their investigative work for them . . .
    I see deceptive ads all the time, and tend to laugh uproariously at
people who get took by them. I can't really fault the advertisers; they put
it in writing for anyone possessing more than a mere moiety of their marbles
to figure out. Those who fail to do so should receive a P.T. Barnum Memorial
lollipop at the checkout line . . .
    They really ought to teach a (required) high school course in aggressive
consumerism and media manipulation, or  'How Not To Be a Schmuck'. It's
something that EVERYONE could benefit from, and would keep the retailers on
their toes. And who knows . . .? Perhaps the process of critical thinking
might be extended to things like social issues, politics, and How It All
Works.

    Sieggy