[Sca-cooks] Light Feast Menu was: Buying flour for bread

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 11 13:33:00 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> the autocrate specifically requested a "traveler fare" for the feast since
> there will be performances after the feast.  We didn't want people falling
> asleep thanksgiving style during the performances.

OK, you didn't mention that- I'm thinking standard stuff 'til you bust SCA
feast ;-)

> I was considering making the mushrooms into pasties, but I was concerned
that
> I was getting too pastry heavy.

Well, bread isn't pastry, and a savory pastry followed by a sweet pastry
would work ;-)

> And what is compost?

Compost is basicly assorted pickled vegetables, which would go well as a
contrast to the bread, smooth creamy cheese, and rich chicken barley soup-
IMO.

> Vitha

Phlip

cat.