[SCA-Cooks] list lurkers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 11 21:28:30 PST 2002

Nathan Adelaar said:
> My name is Nathan Adelaar and I grew up in the Old Middle Kingdom's
> region of Calontir (and sojourned in Ansteorra) long, long ago.  My
> primary interests were fighting and medieval cookery, with a minor in
> dance.  With enormous help I cooked around 30 SCA feasts and a
> smattering of weddings, parties and suchnot.  ...

>  Around the time when the
> Grand Council formed I burned out thoroughly and (to me) suddenly,
> leaving a pile of unfinished manuscripts and projects and a load of
> guilt.
Welcome to SCA-Cooks! I hope you will stay around for awhile and

enjoy our (sometimes unusual) company.
If you would be interested in perhaps finishing off some of those
manuscripts I would love to consider them for the Florilegium. If
this will help alleviate some of that guilt, so much the better. :-)

If you say that they aren't polished enough, well, my reply is that
my standard policy is that the author keeps the copyright and I
accept updates or removal requests from the author. So, if you
finish off what you have, you can always improve them later. In
the meantime, perhaps others can benefit from your research and
experience.

The Florilegium, I'm proud to say, has a fairly large readership so
I think your manuscripts might find folks that would be interested
in them. If you've never been there, the address is given in my
sig. line below. There is a moderate number of files there, many
of them on food and cooking, so perhaps you might find a few that
would interest you. If you stick around here long, I'm sure you
will hear about a few of them. I'm not the quietest person here. :-)

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com