[SCA-Cooks] list lurkers

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Thu Dec 12 20:31:23 PST 2002

Greetings all:

I'm not exactly a lurker, as I occasionally (when time permits and I have
some actual knowledge) join in -- most recently when we were discussing
freezing pomegranate seeds.

But it's been awhile since I joined the list, so I thought I'd give a
briefer intro:

I'm one of several Oerthans on the list (I see your names once in a while,
my fellow lurkers), but I'm from farther North, in the Barony of Winter's
Gate. I was an adequate cook when I joined the SCA 20+ years ago, and like
to think I've become a much better cook since then. One of my joys is
planning a feast and trying new recipes. Our feast usually range from 50
(local) to 150 (coronets). We were able to convince Master Cariadoc to hold
one of his cooking workshops up here this summer and we all had a blast
(recipe redactions to follow when the holiday season settles a bit).

I don't have as much time as I'd like to cook, having other chores like
being the current and founding Baroness (18 years now), the teaching herald
in the group (we have lots and lots of newcomers having a very fluid
population mundanely), and my interests in embroidery, lacemaking (needle
and bobbin) and weaving (inkle loom and tapestry). Like many others, I know
there ain't enough hours in the day to do all the things I want and have to.

That's it for me: I must do some cooking for Yule on Saturday. If anyone
gets this far north, let me know. We'd love to meet you!

Morgana