[Sca-cooks] remember the 'herbalist'?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Dec 11 22:18:00 PST 2002

At 10:05 PM 12/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
>--
>Speaking of silly articles.  I wrote to the guy in Israel who wrote the
>Crusader food article.  Since everyone else got on him about the rancid
>meat thing, I asked him about his recipes.  If they 900 years old as he
>claims, why is he using corn syrup and can he please tell me what primary
>sources he used for the recipes?  Multiple choice answer on his reply.
>
>a) zip
>b) nada
>c) zilch
>d) none
>e) any or all of the above.
>
>AEduin

Really? I wrote a similar letter to him, about the whole article, and
including the recipes. Cited sources and examples, waved my degree around a
bit (that seems to be the magic ticket) and I got a reply- he politely
thanked me for the info and said he'd get back to me when he'd had a chance
to check out the references I gave.

Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath, but it was so much nicer than the usual
snotty response we get...

'Lainie