[Sca-cooks] Deaf, was Russian (was Re: Accidental french) - OT

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Dec 12 16:47:22 PST 2002

At 05:01 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>most deaf kids were shunted into "manual labor".. and especially into the
>printing trades, as the noise wasnt an issue.
>a lot of them also went into shoe repair......

Well, that's true for a lot of the disabilities...  "Grime and flour" are
the trades of a lot of folks with disabilities are pushed into.  become a
baker, become a dishwasher, etc...

>so how many deaf, friends of deaf, grew up around deaf, or know sign
>language types are ON this list anyway?

Was best man at a Deafie's wedding :-)  Have co-workers who are Deaf and
deaf (there is a difference) and Hard of hearing :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry