[Sca-cooks] Something to Chew on, literally- OT

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 12 20:46:05 PST 2002

I have very mild TMJ, also a small mouth and I also gag badly... and I
had to have fairly extensive oral work after an accident. Learned a lot
about dealing with what for me was just a stiff joint. If I put my
fingers on the right joint, and open my mouth wide, I can feel it pop...
but it has always done this, and it doesn't seem to be causing problems.
I'm lucky.

Right now, massage the joint, gently,  right at the hinge,when you need
to open and close your mouth. It may make it easier to move it -
sometimes does for me. And yes, go back, or see someone else... aside
from all the problems you are aware now, if it doesn't get completely
better, that can cause pretty awful headaches, long term. Don't play
around with it.If it goes bad, ground glass will start looking good...

Anne