[Sca-cooks] Accidental french

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 13 09:08:46 PST 2002

Personally, I find it charming.  I am reminded of a character in Umberto Eco's THE
NAME OF THE ROSE, who spoke in a mixed-up polyglot that most people probably found
hard to read.  I understand a smattering of many European languages, and that's
what he was speaking, so I was fine with it.

I took French and Hebrew at the same time for a year.  My crossover mistakes were
Interesting.

Obligatory food content:  many feasts here in Caid are multi-cultural and
multi-time-period.  They seem so used to it that Jared's seasonal 15th Century
French menu is getting a few negative comments for being too limited.  Excuse me?
A negative comment about doing something more authentically than usual?  He's too
polite to grump about it but I am not.

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net