[Sca-cooks] Re:bakeries for custom breads and the 100 minutes headcount

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Dec 13 12:03:41 PST 2002

> >My Lady Katherine,
> >How fortunate you are to have a true local bakery! All
> >the bakeries around here in North Eastern New Jersey
> >are not 'local'. They are all large organizations who
> >only do large commercial orders for restaurants and
> >institutions.Although they offer superior products,
> >they laugh at you when you request a custom batch and
> >tell you to pick what you want for their stock menu
> >and pay for it up front.
>
> Really? Have you talked to the in-store bakeries in places like Safeway?
> Morwyn got the rolls from a local WinCo, and we've got them from Safeway,
> Albertson's, FredMeyer, Costco, etc. And they are usually falling all over
> themselves to be helpful.
>
> 'Lainie

Ah, but in New Jersey, I swear people pride themselves on being horribly
rude and unhelpful. So that's not terribly surprising. And the NE corner
is NYC metro, so that makes the rude and unhelpful doubly so.

My husband is from North Central NJ, and my in-laws are from Brooklyn. So
I'm familiar with the attitude.

Margaret