[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Dec 13 12:45:26 PST 2002

At 02:15 PM 12/13/02 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Lord Boroghul Khara wrote:
>
>> The title hasn't really gone away, Vitha, it's more a personal preference
>> issue.
>>
>> Tomato-Tomah-to  that sort of thing.
>
>This got flogged on the Northshield list recently, too. The Pale uses
>"Feast Steward" or "Head Cook" even if the announcement you send them uses
>"Feastocrat", but they are up-front about this editing job they do.
>
>Personally I prefer Kitchen Alpha-Bitch, but it's highly unlikely that
>such a term will make it into the event flyers. :)
>
>Margaret

I like that one. ;-D

Last weekend, we had a Head Cook (Morwyn), a Marshall of the Hall (yours
truly) and an Event Steward (Leah). We're still working on dropping the
"-crat" stuff, but it takes time. The Crat stuff was a made-up thing in the
first place, with no historical meaning whatsoever, and just grew like
Topsy. I much prefer using more appropriate period terms. But then we have
already identified me as strange. :-D)

'Lainie