[Sca-cooks] Feastocrate vs. Head Cook

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Sat Dec 14 05:28:46 PST 2002

> Last weekend, we had a Head Cook (Morwyn), a Marshall of the Hall (yours
> truly) and an Event Steward (Leah). We're still working on dropping the
> "-crat" stuff, but it takes time. The Crat stuff was a made-up thing in
the
> first place, with no historical meaning whatsoever, and just grew like
> Topsy. I much prefer using more appropriate period terms. But then we have
> already identified me as strange. :-D)

It's just another example of the shift away from the SCA's ahistorical
roots. Always remember, please, that the literary antecedents of the SCA in
1966 were not "Gawain and the Green Knight," or even "Ivanhoe", but rather
Poul Anderson's "Three Hearts and Three Lions" and the like.

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (formerly Avraham haRofeh)
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Abandon all Hope ye who press Enter here.

---