[Sca-cooks] 'Lainie bites back!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Dec 13 20:11:44 PST 2002

At 10:11 PM 12/13/02 -0500, you wrote:

>>In the meantime, drugs, hot packs, rest, no gum, and she suggested running
>>my food through the blender and drinking it like a thick milkshake. Bleah!
>
>Had a kid we had to do that for at one of the camps I worked at...  The guy
>before me would put everything in one big pile, but when I took over I
>talked to the kid who told me he'd prefer things ran individually...

I think I would too- do you want your gravy mooshed up with your dessert?

>>What I wouldn't give for a huge sloppy burger, and fresh fried and a beer
>>at my favorite hangout... *sigh*
>
>What's stopping you?  Order it all, bring your blender, use the beer as a
>liquid, and BZZZZZZRRZRZRZ <grin>

No beer while I'm on these drugs. :-P And a McMenamin's burger in a
blender? Eyyyew. I'll get one to celebrate when my jaw works again.

>>-who will be calling and making grumbly noises at the dental PPO on Monday
>
>You would likely be better off to call whatever the US association of
>dentistry is called.  THe PPO is likely to be as apathetic as the dentist.

Gotta go through channels first. Like dealing with SCA Grievance procedure.
If I don't at least follow the form of complain, I really have nothing to
say in the matter. What's the tag about voting?...

>BTW, would someone hitting you on the jaw hard enough set it back? :-))

SHH! Don't give him ideas! ;-D)

I already told Edouard that "Pow! To da moon!" is not an option...

Funny, was chatting Saturday afternoon before the feast, and farbling
around with my 'Bob-stick'- a 4' dowel with a gilded knob on one end.
Excellent for court schtick. Anyway, was joking around with a couple of
friends (chiv) and they were playing at my stick- so I picked it up and
stepped back with it just *so*, and... the look on their faces! Nervous
laughter "I'm not wearing my armor!" Yes, that does give me an advantage,
doesn't it... ;-D) I pointed out that I had gotten some basic training from
one of their own (Mr. No-Onions), AND that I have the advantage of being
*cute*. They said that was cheating...

'Lainie
-cranky, but never humourless!