[Sca-cooks] Re:bakeries for custom breads and the 100 minutes headcount

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 13 23:59:28 PST 2002

Marion commented:
> My Lady Katherine,
> How fortunate you are to have a true local bakery! All
> the bakeries around here in North Eastern New Jersey
> are not 'local'. They are all large organizations who
> only do large commercial orders for restaurants and
> institutions.

Oh. Perhaps this is a regional differance, but all of our local
grocery stores, including the larger chains such as HEB and
Albertson's have in-house bakeries.

> I am considering starting a
> local cooking group in my shire because the next
> closest group is far away (not in miles, but driving
> time, about 2 hours to go 30 miles).

Maybe this file might be of use to you:

cookng-guilds-msg (12K)  4/ 2/01    SCA cooking guilds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/cookng-guilds-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com