[Sca-cooks] Accidental french

Randall Cook of Northpass goldberg at bestweb.net
Sat Dec 14 04:43:59 PST 2002

> I am old enough to remember how and when the Catholic Church changed their
> services from Latin to vernacular languages. It was a great experience to
pray
> and sing in a language which one understood.
> Ana

I go back and forth between Orthodox and Reform Jewish synagogues. I must
tell you that I find English-based services lacking. I much prefer the
Hebrew services, even though I hardly understand a word. Perhaps it's the
comfort factor of having grown up with it (and I can sing most of the
Shabbat Morning service from memory - learned by rote, brute-force
memorization), but I find the English service less emotional, less
spiritual, and much more sterile. YMMV.

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass (soon to be "of Sudentur")
     (formerly Avraham haRofeh)
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: If anything can go wrong, it will.

---