[Sca-cooks] Bread-baking with a biga

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 14 09:43:37 PST 2002

Sponges are fairly common on French and Italian breads to improve the
flavor.

For Convenience, you might also like the "refrigerator rise."  You make the
dough the evening before doubling on the yeast, then pan it for the second
rise and put it in the refrigerator, then bake it before or after work (I
usually get out of bed put it in the oven then go get cleaned and dressed
for the office).

You put the bread dough in a cold oven and bring it to temperature with an
overall oven time of about 1 hour.

Bear