[Sca-cooks] Bread-baking with a biga

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 15 18:09:16 PST 2002

On 14 Dec 2002, at 11:36, Terry Decker wrote:

> You have my prayers.

You obviously have some influence Up There.  My first dozen
loaves came out quite nicely.  Two from the first round of baking
were not as crispy as they might have been, and without slashing,
rather resembled deformed footballs.  They were tasty, however,
with good flavor and a slightly chewey crumb.  The rest look quite
satisfactory.  The second dozen are now in various stages of rising,
and l intend to do another couple of batches later in the week on
one of my days off.  Thanks for the sage advice.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net