[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP - do you remember?

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 14 11:58:04 PST 2002

Sue,
I got to watch Star Trek, because I convinced Mom it was "scientific" in nature and would help me in school. Never really knew if she bought the story, but she let me watch. I watched the space landing. I saw John Kennedy's assassination live on TV. And I saw Challenger go up in flames, crying as I watched the burning pieces fall into the ocean. TV now seems blase, so I don't watch much anymore. Probably the difference between the wonder of a child and the cynicism of an adult!
Liadan
 Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:Ooooh, you're a *young* one! I bet you don't even remember the moon
landing! or nickel pop machines (pop in bottles....;-)
My brother and I didn't get to watch Star Trek much because it was on
past our bedtimes (geez, Mom!), but I do remember sneaking over to the
neighbor's to watch Dark Shadows.
--Maire, feeling old and used-up this morning.....